- Paid County Positions: To complete a County application, please click here.
- Paid Sheriff's Office Positions: To complete a Sheriff's Office application, please click here.
- County Volunteer Opportunities: To be considered for appointment to Boards and/or Commissions, please click here.
- Community Volunteer Opportunities: For an opportunity to serve your community, please click here.
The County of Mathews participates in e-Verify. Please visit www.dhs.gov/e-verify for more information.
Applications must be received by the end of the business day on the announced deadline date. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Applications are only accepted when a position is available. Applications are not kept on file after a position has been filled. A new application must be submitted for each position your are applying for.
Below is the most recent listing of employment opportunities within the Mathews County local government and associated offices.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Dependent on Qualifications
- Posted Date:03/14/2017
- Deadline to Apply:06/30/2017
The County of Mathews, Virginia, is seeking applications from qualified persons for an Accounting Clerk. This position works under the supervision of the County Administrator to perform routine clerical, accounting, and administrative work in accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger. Performs complex accounting and audit work under GASB guidelines. This position may be a full-time or a part-time position. Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
A job description and application form may be obtained from the Administrator's Office, Room 202, Administration Building, Court House Square (P.O. Box 839) Mathews, Va. 23109; telephone: (804) 725-7172. Interested applicants shall submit a cover letter, resume, and the County job application form. The position will remain open until filled by a qualified individual. EOE.